Friday, December 22, 2017

Missing People

It's a tough Christmas for many of us this year. We miss our loved ones who have gone to be with the Lord. It's selfish of course because we know that they are in paradise and they are in union with the Lord and in reunion with others there, so many others there!

I have been surprised by my grief, which is usual for me. I didn't expect it to be such a problem celebrating Christmas, but since my mom passed (August 7, 2017), it's just my brother and I left of the "original Smiths" from ages ago. They're all gone. They're all together though! Ta Ta and Jackie (my grandparents), Mom & Dad, and Cheri (my sis) along with her husband Bruce and their little boy, Christopher. 
I just finished reading Revelations 7, so I know what they're all doing up there. It says:

“Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them.“They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; “for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.” - Rev. 7:15-17 (NKJV)

Sounds pretty good! It's up to us to stay here for now and keep Christ, so Merry Christmas to you all.

I found some photos of my grandfather, whom we called Jackie, while going through my folks stuff recently; so I thought that I would share them with you, along with a poem that I wrote about him after he died. He's been gone since 1987 and a day hasn't gone by since then that I haven't thought about him and missed him. Here's some pictures of him in his prime and a few from his latter days.








Here's one more of me "helping" him clean up around the summer cabin in Prescott AZ.


Jackie
He use to call me Colorado as I bounced upon his knee
He told me tales of things that were and things that ought to be.
The lessons he taught weren't from books,
 They came from work and loss and strife.
He showed me strength and how to use it.
To always share it not abuse it.
He taught me to love this world, this life.
Now he's gone to see the Lord, but never a day goes by,
That I don't hear the words he spoke,
Or see the twinkle in his eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment